Taro?

Started by deadspacepirate, March 08, 2022, 08:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I know Rea and Nobiyuki were a main focus about OVA 4 and OVA 5 was a set up for War in Geminar.  But heres a question.  What happens to Taro.   We saw baby Taro crawling around in OVA 4 right?

Yeah, I kinda wish he would have popped up. He could have been a cool comedic character. A grown up kid who might still be enamored with auntie Washu. As he's a couple years older, maybe acting like a pompous senpai to Kenshi but completely oblivious to the fact that Kenshi could destroy him without trying.

But OVA5 largely ignored Masaki Village.

The c99 Doujin talk about Tsukiko being central to a new novel/anime(??) could be part of the reason. As THAT story might  give a little more focus on the village characters, he purposely kept them out of the OVA.
...in my pants

March 10, 2022, 07:48:10 AM #2 Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 07:55:08 AM by deadspacepirate
I wouldn't mind seeing a novel/anime about Masaki village too.  On Taro though....didn't Kajishima or someone on the staff suggest that he could be a rival to Tenchi and vie for Tenchi-ken?

Quote from: deadspacepirate on March 10, 2022, 07:48:10 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a novel/anime about Masaki village too.  On Taro though....didn't Kajishima or someone on the staff suggest that he could be a rival to Tenchi and vie for Tenchi-ken?

Don't remember that.

Technically, Tenchi doesn't need the Tenchi-ken at all though. His power comes from himself, not Funaho-tree's key, combined with the gems or not.
So another person inheriting it could make sense.

Taro though... unless his unknown father is secretly someone of note, he shouldn't be anyone special. He'd be something like 5+ generations separated from Yosho and the first Kasumi.
...in my pants