Evangelion 3.0

Started by Ybloc, October 12, 2012, 12:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is Re:Take doujin canon ?

Ppft.  Of course not!
It's just an ending that is very well-thought-out and creative and beautifully drawn.  (unnecessary adult content aside)

Word is UTW-fansubs is releasing the movie in a few days!!!

My body, is ready.

April 24, 2013, 05:02:34 PM #48 Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:09:15 PM by Gaston

While on one hand, I'm excited about it... chances are I'll probably just watch it when it finally comes out on Blu-Ray here. No reason other than laziness, and ADD issues. :D

I saw the movie.  So here my review.

ATTENTION SPOILER AFTER THIS POINT

So...After a second movie full of hope thing would be better...well now that more darker than most of the original series....Hey I thought Rebuild was suppose to make thing better....But then again it still has a last movie so maybe they would get better...or worst....That a problem with this movie. That like the introduction of the final and since the final is not out yet, I cannot know if I like the final or not.

Okay, the scenario. Remember the final scene in the second movie everyone liked (thought personally I think that was that awesome, but that just me) ?  That turn Shinji really started the third impact and now all his worst and Rei is not even really saved. And now Shinji wake-up 14 years old later ...And him, Asuka, Mari, Rei and Kaworu didn't age because that happen when you pilot an eva ! Okay....what ! 

Then he meet Misato's organization who are again Gendo...And I would like see how that happen because that sound more interesting (heck, the trailer where NOTHING is in the movie is better than the movie). And now everyone hates Shinji...without even explain why....And huh that strange because I remember the angel caused trouble until Shinji pilot...so huh...It would don't have third impact even if Shinji didn't pilot ?

You probably guess I am a Misato x Shinji fan so you would think I am piss off Misato now hates Shinji...Well...when she has a chance to kill him she didn't so that not like she was a completely evil bitch and I found it 'funny' when people said on TV Tropes that less bad Asuka is mad at Shinji because she had a crappy childhood (because apparently Misato didn't have a crappy liffe yeah right). And I don't care Shinji doesn't get Misato in the movies because I have fanfiction on this pairing ! Ahaha. Take that writers.  :getin:

Anyway, one thing that make me angry is EVERYONE IS FUCKING STUPID. Every thing bad that happen in the movie would not happen if at the beginning they explained the situation at Shinji.

Misato: I am angry at you !
Asuka: Me too !'
Shinji: Huh...Can you explain why ?
Asuka: No !
Misato: And don't pilot an eva !
Shinji: Why ?
Asuka: We will not explain and just be angry at you !
Then a Rei clone arrive with her eva
Misato: Shinji, don't go with Rei for reason I just don't explain !
Asuka: Yeah, we know that you likes Rei so the first times you will see her, you will go with her. But instead of explain the situation, we will just be angry at you so you will just want leave us to Rei.
Shinji: i am tired. I will go with my Rei !
Misato: Oh no he go. That bad !
Asuka: What a moron.

Seriously, I just hate when characters loss several Q.I. point just to make the plot work. Okay, I guess that would be heartless said to Shinji he caused third impact but that not like he would never learn that.

And then Shinji now is at Nerv where it have FOUR PEOPLE so I just wonder how the hell Misato's organization didn't win again Gendo. Shinji learn the true and he is broken but then he has a friendship with Kaworu and he even convince Shinji pilot eva because Gendo need them for a mission...But Kowaru discover at the middle of the mission Gendo manipulated them ! Wait, Kaworu why the hell Kaworu didn't get BEFORE the mission ? Is he dumb too ? Heck, not wonder Gendo can manipulate person because THEY ARE ALL TOO DUMB TO LIVE.

As for the combat, they are actually good but the lack of information (I would like see what happen between the two movies) and the fact everyone except Gendo and the old man I never remember his name are the only one with a brain (okay, I guess that normal Shinji is not that birhgt  because he is confused) just ruined every fun I could had watching it. But it still has few scenes I liked.

Oh, and on a picture with Yui and baby Shinji, it have a woman who look strangely like Mari...Maybe she would have FINALLY a big role in the last movie. And also, I like new character Sakura and the piano (because it look smarter than most of the characters in the movie).

5/10

April 27, 2013, 02:42:02 AM #51 Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 03:01:07 AM by Tenchi Ryu
FINALLY!!!!!!

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=427729

:worship: :worship: :worship:

*Edit
Shades, you'll definitely want to edit one of your post in the first page. Looks like the website that hosted the original pic got butthurt and used a super nasty no hotlinking image.

April 27, 2013, 10:28:33 PM #52 Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:47:43 PM by shades of blue
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on April 27, 2013, 02:42:02 AM
*Edit
Shades, you'll definitely want to edit one of your post in the first page. Looks like the website that hosted the original pic got butthurt and used a super nasty no hotlinking image.

waa~?! I had to load the page in another browser to see their faggotry. That site admin is clearly a huge steaming turd amongst turds.

Quote from: Gaston on April 26, 2013, 07:10:10 AM
I saw the movie.  So here my review.

ATTENTION SPOILER AFTER THIS POINT

So...After a second movie full of hope thing would be better...well now that more darker than most of the original series....Hey I thought Rebuild was suppose to make thing better....But then again it still has a last movie so maybe they would get better...or worst....That a problem with this movie. That like the introduction of the final and since the final is not out yet, I cannot know if I like the final or not.

Okay, the scenario. Remember the final scene in the second movie everyone liked (thought personally I think that was that awesome, but that just me) ?  That turn Shinji really started the third impact and now all his worst and Rei is not even really saved. And now Shinji wake-up 14 years old later ...And him, Asuka, Mari, Rei and Kaworu didn't age because that happen when you pilot an eva ! Okay....what ! 

Then he meet Misato's organization who are again Gendo...And I would like see how that happen because that sound more interesting (heck, the trailer where NOTHING is in the movie is better than the movie). And now everyone hates Shinji...without even explain why....And huh that strange because I remember the angel caused trouble until Shinji pilot...so huh...It would don't have third impact even if Shinji didn't pilot ?

You probably guess I am a Misato x Shinji fan so you would think I am piss off Misato now hates Shinji...Well...when she has a chance to kill him she didn't so that not like she was a completely evil bitch and I found it 'funny' when people said on TV Tropes that less bad Asuka is mad at Shinji because she had a crappy childhood (because apparently Misato didn't have a crappy liffe yeah right). And I don't care Shinji doesn't get Misato in the movies because I have fanfiction on this pairing ! Ahaha. Take that writers.  :getin:

Anyway, one thing that make me angry is EVERYONE IS FUCKING STUPID. Every thing bad that happen in the movie would not happen if at the beginning they explained the situation at Shinji.

Misato: I am angry at you !
Asuka: Me too !'
Shinji: Huh...Can you explain why ?
Asuka: No !
Misato: And don't pilot an eva !
Shinji: Why ?
Asuka: We will not explain and just be angry at you !
Then a Rei clone arrive with her eva
Misato: Shinji, don't go with Rei for reason I just don't explain !
Asuka: Yeah, we know that you likes Rei so the first times you will see her, you will go with her. But instead of explain the situation, we will just be angry at you so you will just want leave us to Rei.
Shinji: i am tired. I will go with my Rei !
Misato: Oh no he go. That bad !
Asuka: What a moron.

Seriously, I just hate when characters loss several Q.I. point just to make the plot work. Okay, I guess that would be heartless said to Shinji he caused third impact but that not like he would never learn that.

And then Shinji now is at Nerv where it have FOUR PEOPLE so I just wonder how the hell Misato's organization didn't win again Gendo. Shinji learn the true and he is broken but then he has a friendship with Kaworu and he even convince Shinji pilot eva because Gendo need them for a mission...But Kowaru discover at the middle of the mission Gendo manipulated them ! Wait, Kaworu why the hell Kaworu didn't get BEFORE the mission ? Is he dumb too ? Heck, not wonder Gendo can manipulate person because THEY ARE ALL TOO DUMB TO LIVE.

As for the combat, they are actually good but the lack of information (I would like see what happen between the two movies) and the fact everyone except Gendo and the old man I never remember his name are the only one with a brain (okay, I guess that normal Shinji is not that birhgt  because he is confused) just ruined every fun I could had watching it. But it still has few scenes I liked.

Oh, and on a picture with Yui and baby Shinji, it have a woman who look strangely like Mari...Maybe she would have FINALLY a big role in the last movie. And also, I like new character Sakura and the piano (because it look smarter than most of the characters in the movie).

5/10

Yeah pretty much have to agree with Gaston, that whole movie really consisted of everyone being mad a Shinji for an unintentional act and could have avoid things if they had just taken the time to explain the situation to him. Also how did things get so bad, at the end of the second movie it seemed like Kaworu stopped whatever Shinji triggered. Also was that the "real" Rei in the tube?

Okay maybe I am off-topics but someone read the manga adaptation ? That my favorite thing in the franchise (and also the first Evangelion story I knew because I read it before watching the anime) and the ending just finally arrived it week and I think I prefer it to the anime.

What IS the manga ending? Also anyone else hear that 4.0 wont be out till 2015?

Quote from: Eric3285 on July 07, 2013, 05:44:45 PM
What IS the manga ending?

To make a short story (attention, SPOILER everyone) : Shinji created a new world where it is before second impart.