Fall 2013 anime season

Started by Gaston, September 25, 2013, 01:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Another season ! So far, I planned watching Infinite Stratos 2. The first season was not a masterpiece but I like Charlotte and Laura so seeing more of them is not bad. Yuusha ni Narenakatta seems promising.

http://anichart.net/fall

Will be watching Blazblue but nothing else :yoshi:

Kill la Kill a "Yep."

Samurai Flamenco a "Maybe."
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Non Non Biyori- Looks like a nice relaxing show with actual decent character designs (getting increasingly rare these days). Waiting for people to complain about "Gahd! It's just another cute girls doing cute things anime! Moeshit durrrrr!!!!" Go back to pretending Psycho Pass is actually good ya cocksmokers!  :emot-commissar:

Blazblue - Good games. Good anime? Hopefully.

Kill la Kill - Gonna check it out purely because it's by Trigger (LWA was awesome!), but man the story so far sounds like shit. "OOOOOO the studends have to kill or be killed!!!" Probably another Battle Hunger Games Royale bullshit ass story.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

September 30, 2013, 09:09:35 AM #5 Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 09:30:15 AM by antvasima
Gingitsune, and Samurai Flamenco seem interesting, and I heard that the Cowboy Bebop creator was going to do a space comedy.  I don't remember the title though.

Edit: The show is called Space Dandy and debuts first in January.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Series I'm excited about but shouldn't be...

Valvrave S2. Season 1 was a terrible disaster. But the concept, so bad it's good, IMO, that is what Valvrave is to me. It's so over the top that I can't help but be entertained. For all the wrong reasons. I'm hoping Season 2 is even 'worse'.  :smug:

Infinite Stratos S2. I'm going to watch it in all it's generic un-groundbreaking glory. Unlike Valvrave, I never thought Infinite Stratos was a terrible series. It was just, a series that did NOT deserve the popularity it received. It was average at best.

Now, average that I enjoyed anyway and is why I'm still looking forward to season 2. Just that, there is no way I could explain why IS is considered one of the most successful series in recent anime history compared to much better animes... much less, harem animes.

BlazBlue I don't know. While the game itself was great (which I admit, i didn't play much of given that, I'm not a fan of fighting games. And my very low playtime of said game shows), and the story is very animesque, don't know if it will make the transition to anime series well. Last game to anime I watched was Persona 4 which did a competent job, but nothing amazing.

Kill la Kill I never heard of besides 4chan getting a boner about it. Maybe it would be worth a watch since hey, whatever 4chan likes must be good right?  :emot-commissar:

Gundam Build Fighters... ahahah... no. Though it does amuse me that it's anime based around the idea similar to what Acitivision and Disney have. A video game where you have a toy (in this case, model Gundams), put it on a peripheral, and boom, it's like using that character in a game. Somehow I can imagine Bandai making that a reality.

So realistically, only two series I'm really interested in. And I can't say for the right reasons. :parrot:

Quote from: SimmyC on September 30, 2013, 06:44:39 PM
Kill la Kill I never heard of besides 4chan getting a boner about it.
Well, it's an original story, by the same staff that did Gurren Lagann. :goodman:
Let that be your decider.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Yup. Wasn't until later did I make the connection that Trigger = former Gainax people.

And the anime definitely gives off a Gurren Lagann vibe with the animation style. Not that, to be honest, I cared for it. It worked for Gurren Lagann, but it isn't like it's a style where I go "Oh snap!  :Hap: ." Still, Gurren Lagann was good (even if I wound up not finishing it because I got lazy), guess I'll at least check the reaction to this series before checking it out completely. :P

I watched the first episode of Ifinite Stratos and I liked the yuri between Charlotte and Laura.  :bravo: But the male lead is still a moron. He invite all the girls at an aquatic park separately without said he invited the others girls so they all think they would be alone with him, when they arrives they are piss off and the guy doesn't understand why.  :milk:

Watched Kill la Kill with some people, It's bretty good.

After a short hiatus from watching anime (more because of laziness, real life, insert common excuse here), watched the first episode of Infinite Stratos S2. Have to admit, I was disappointed. And I never had high expectations for the series to begin with~ Since it was basically the France and Germany yuri adventure show. Besides their adventures, the whole build up to Ichika being a stereotypical harem lead moron and inviting all of them out reduced to a montage. All that delicious fanservice... reduced to a few minutes because Germany was invading France.  Or France invading Germany. Depending on your view. :heysexy: And I still feel sorry for Rin. Not!Chifuyu had more screentime than her.

Well I guess that's still better than an episode dedicated to Houki~ *note, I'm one of the few people that doesn't despise her like most of the fanbase that loves Char. Just saying that because I know Houki doesn't get a lot of love~ And... while I don't hate her, don't care for her either.

Right now I can tell you I'll be following Arpeggio of Blue Steel Ars Nova and Hajime no Ippo Rising, but I don't think I'll be following much else. Well, maybe BlazBlue Alter Memory. Thou I've never been able to get into the BlazBlue series. A number of titles getting second seasons this fall I never bothered to watch to begin with or don't care about and some of the other notables still fall under that cancerous school setting genre I tend to avoid.

October 09, 2013, 01:55:03 PM #13 Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 07:03:19 PM by Tensami
Quote from: shades of blue on October 08, 2013, 12:32:03 PMcancerous school setting

Best setting.  :duke:

Watched the first episode of Kill la Kill.

http://www.youtube.com/v/yVvZUwC3e1I

Also watching Tekyuu 3 cuz das what we pimps do! YEH SON!! WOOOOO!!!
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.