Paradise War volume 1-3 scans surfaced

Started by shades of blue, January 04, 2016, 06:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speaking of which I know someone that will be reading them soon, so we should have a summary of what happens in the future  :getin:

The pictures are good thought  I prefer the artwork in Tenchi Muyo and GXP novels.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on January 08, 2016, 12:34:40 AM
Speaking of which I know someone that will be reading them soon, so we should have a summary of what happens in the future  :getin:

I own volumes 1 and 2, but alas, I cannot read them. :-(  I wish I did have a summary of what is transpiring in them.

Glad to see there was a third volume. Kajishima-sensei seems rather busy at the moment.

I've got a question about the paradise war series as a whole.  Where does it tie-in exactly to TM!R?  I believe it mentions/involves some of the pirate gangs from GXP?

Quote from: DeusChex ^////^ on January 12, 2016, 08:16:22 PM
I've got a question about the paradise war series as a whole.  Where does it tie-in exactly to TM!R?  I believe it mentions/involves some of the pirate gangs from GXP?

Well, from what I understand, an older Seina Yamada appears at some point as a mentor figure to the protagonist. Also, the girl with tan skin and white hair is apparently Tarant Shank's younger sister.

ah ok. thanks. i wasn't aware that seina appeared in the novels.  although, it is specified that it's seina or is it just speculation?

Quote from: DeusChex ^////^ on January 12, 2016, 10:44:30 PM
ah ok. thanks. i wasn't aware that seina appeared in the novels.  although, it is specified that it's seina or is it just speculation?

Honestly, I don't know. I'm going by memory, here, but back when the novels were first released, somebody did a translation of a summary of them, and Seina Yamada was listed as the name of a man who mentors the protagonist. From what the description said, it seemed to be the same Seina from GXP, albeit this apparently takes place when he's a good deal older.

oh ok, although depending on when paradise war takes place, seina could still be pretty "young" like yosho because of his lineage, although watered-down, and the life-lengthening/strengthening thing that he did when joining the academy.

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

this thread is super old, i actually google translated them a while back and have summered most of what happens in volume three that makes the show tie into tenchi. i find this series kinda meh, but im going to do a full translation fix of it right after i finish gxp 14 since we know that the next ova will tie into it.

but long story short, in somewhere between 2005 and 2007 specificly about 10 years after the end of gxp  seina goes to banjo island, a 4th generation royal tree disguised space ship on earth. shou an earthling who probably has a probablity vector bias too ends up geting a pamphlet for a trip to banjo island from seina's mother,
on the island is various knock off waifus who are like 10000th in the line of sucession for their nation,  one of this is dird shank from gxp, who is either shanks daughter or sister... i wasnt sure from the context of the gxp novel. also there is a doctor from earth and minamida who is obviously seina and d fuku and kirche, there is also laretta who is alans wife alan shows up at the end.
a proxy war is waged between the guilds at the end involving a series of really really stupid games, including rock paper scisors, the pirates not happy with this arrangement come to attack earth since this event is broadcasted galaxy wide, shou wins, tenchi and company destroys the shit out of the rebels who come to earth,  the earth officially becomes its own  interstellar recognized state and shou is given banjo island and basicly made represintitive of earth... or king of earth i guess. i mean he owns an unstopable weapon he might as well be king of earth.

thats it... thats the 3rd novel. what they do that takes up the first two is beyond me because its all just lead up to that.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on September 28, 2017, 12:09:41 AM
... i wasnt sure from the context of the gxp novel. also there is a doctor from earth and minamida who is obviously seina and d fuku and kirche, there is also laretta who is alans wife alan shows up at the end.
a proxy war is waged between the guilds at the end involving a series of really really stupid games, including rock paper scisors, the pirates not happy with this arrangement come to attack earth since this event is broadcasted galaxy wide, shou wins, tenchi and company destroys the shit out of the rebels who come to earth,  the earth officially becomes its own  interstellar recognized state and shou is given banjo island and basicly made represintitive of earth... or king of earth i guess. i mean he owns an unstopable weapon he might as well be king of earth.
:parrot:

That sounds very complex for just three chapters, especially if it's condensed into the most recent one

I'm really liking this artwork here. But why isn't Kajishima doin' it himself?