You are Here:
Whatcha been reading? Manga and light novel thread.

Author (Read 5466 times)

Re: Whatcha been reading? Manga and light novel thread.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 02:24:15 AM »

onimono

• Demon Caller
  • Members
Caught up on Hero Academia, thinking of rereading Citrus.

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 08:54:22 AM »

Shogun13

• Members
I've been reading Sekirei on paperback lately. Speaking of which, I have to leave you know that Sekirei 365 Dayd Without Her has been unveiled.

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-100096717

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 09:46:06 AM »

Ryo-Okay

• Members+
  • Members
  • LOVE is ALL
I read Neko Ane. It's about an orphaned boy whose pet cat becomes a nekomata so she can be his big sister. It was pretty good.

I also read what's translated of 29-sai Dokushin Chuuken Boukensha no Nichijou, which is by the same mangaka as Neko Ane. This one is a fantasy series about an adventurer who finds a little girl and takes care of her. What I read was good, but I'm afraid it'll pull an Usagi Drop.

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2019, 10:58:13 PM »

WaitoKon

• Members
Just finished reading the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid__Heart_Magias_Academy_Ataraxia
Did the manga get to the part where the MC fucks his sister and loli goddess mom?

Having read through all four volumes that the mangaka said were to contain the entire arc, I only remember one attempt at coitus by another classmate, and it was promptly stopped by the protagonist's choicest love interest who has some clout in the school, and badmouthing the couple with the protagonist there for moral support before they madly made out.

I also read what's translated of 29-sai Dokushin Chuuken Boukensha no Nichijou, which is by the same mangaka as Neko Ane. This one is a fantasy series about an adventurer who finds a little girl and takes care of her. What I read was good, but I'm afraid it'll pull an Usagi Drop.

That one resembles Welcome to the NHK, desu ne?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 11:01:47 PM by WaitoKon »

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 02:52:22 PM »

Ryo-Okay

• Members+
  • Members
  • LOVE is ALL
I've been reading a lot of stuff lately.

Ochanigosu: I reread this. It's a delinquent manga by the creator of Kyou Kara Ore Wa and one of my favorite manga.

Shounen, Chotto Sabotteko?: About a kid who keeps running into an OL who is always slacking off. It was ok, but I'll probably stop reading it and come back once a good amount of chapters have built up to see if it actually goes anywhere.

Astra Lost in Space: It's a short 5 volume sci-fi series about a group of kids who get teleported lightyears away and have to make their way back home in a spaceship they find.

Good Bye, Dragon Life: A dragon dies and is reborn as a human. It's your standard reincarnation harem affair.

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari: A fantasy manga where a kid grew up in a town where descendants of legendary heroes live moves to the city to become a soldier. Because he grew up around so many strong people he thinks he is weak, but compared to everyone in the city he is crazy strong. This manga was dumb in pretty much all the ways I enjoy. What's translated of the manga so far covers the first light novel, so I'll probably hold off and wait for the light novels to read more.

Isekai Kaeri no Yuusha ga Gendai Saikyou! Inou Battle-kei Bishoujo o Bishibashi Choukyou Suru Koto ni!?: Kid returns home after getting isekai'd and still has all of his powers. The idea of this is neat, but the execution has been pretty boring. I'll keep up with it for a bit, but if it doesn't get better I'll probably drop it.

Bouken ni, Tsuitekonaide Okaasan!: This is pretty much a straight-up knock-off of Do You Love Your Mom. The differences are that in this it's a straight fantasy series, not a VRMMO, and the MC's mom isn't his birth mom. This time she is a powerful dragon demon who adopted him.

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?: Started reading the third light novel of this. I still enjoy this even if does feel a bit repetitive.

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2019, 07:21:51 PM »

WaitoKon

• Members
Tatoeba and Isekai Kaeri definitely stood out in my latest trawl of the online bookstores. But the "no Yuusha" in the title of the second item made my heart twinge, thinking of Maoyū Maō Yūsha. Oh how I want that to take off again.

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2019, 05:37:49 PM »

Ryo-Okay

• Members+
  • Members
  • LOVE is ALL
Please help me, I can't stop reading terrible isekai manga. The number of manga I follow has gone from around 40 series to almost 90 over the last couple of months. [spoiler]I also read a couple of trap manga.[/spoiler]

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2019, 03:13:52 PM »

WaitoKon

• Members
It's okay, we are here for you. Every manga is at the very least pedagogical to the extent it conveys what the story author thinks each scene might look like.

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2020, 11:33:31 PM »

Ryo-Okay

• Members+
  • Members
  • LOVE is ALL
Renai Boukun was finally fully translated, so I finished that. I'm a little bummed that Shikimi got left out of the harem ending for some reason, but overall I thought the ending was okay.

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2020, 05:01:10 PM »

WaitoKon

• Members
Good stuff.