Kiyone Makibi Luvs her Tenchi - Evidence

Started by جبريل 無道, October 17, 2012, 08:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 17, 2012, 08:58:24 PM Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 03:16:02 AM by جبريل 無道
The Jibreh is kinda tired of hearing that Kiyone has no attraction to teh Tenchi-daddy-sama-baka-kun.  And yes, TU kinda toned down to the point of non-existence Kiyone's attraction to Tenchi... as it did for Sasami/Washu/Mihoshi to varying degrees and often stripped them of character depth overall.

But there are many points in the TM universe overall that she does have an attraction to him.  First, in the original Hasegawa novels where she first appeared.  I'm sure there is more than one scene, but I can't read Japanese that well and they've never been translated (nor do the Japanese seem to care about their content either all that much - have seen very little discussion on them that ever amounted to more than "meh").  But anyway, in the original Daughter of Darkness Novel, at the scene where the girls find out from Washu that Tenchi is genetically Mayuka's mother, the original scene had Kiyone, Ayeka, and Sasami speculate and blush over the possibility that they were indeed the mother.  In the adapted movie, they changed it to Mihoshi with Kiyone acting as the killjoy chiding them all that they were far to young to think about such things - although Kiyone made far more sense as a mother considering Mayuka's bluish hairs.

Now, in TinT, Kiyone had at least two signs of attraction.  I don't feel like hunting down a screen shot of this, but when Ryoko told her she's leaving earth or something, Kiyone asks her that if she lost interest in Tenchi and if that were the case, if Ryoko would mind if she tried for Tenchi.  Now this may have been taken as emotional bait on Kiyone's behalf, but one thing to note is that in a lot of the promotional art, ALL the girls have strings of love (which an entire episode was devoted to) tied to themselves and Tenchi -- and this includes Kiyone.  This goes for both in the art and in the episode IIRC.  That means the feelings were genuine.

Episode 2 : Fours A Crowd
http://www.math.utk.edu/~nsmith/tenchi_in_tokyo.html
QuoteTenchi meets Sakuya Kumashiro, an attractive classmate. The two of them spend an afternoon in Tokyo, where it quickly becomes clear that Sakuya has eyes only for Tenchi. The two of them stumble upon the "Shrine of Love" and meet the "Love Goddess" who dwells within.

The Love Goddess proclaims that she can make two people fall in love simply by tying a red string around each of their fingers simultaneously. While Tenchi and Sakuya are at a movie, the Goddess is able to accomplish this feat, and the three of them are whisked away to a surreal-looking realm, where the Goddess proclaims that Sakuya and Tenchi shall fall in love forever.

However, the Goddess notices a strong attachment between Tenchi and the girls in Okayama, and wonders how Tenchi can harbor feelings for so many. Shortly afterwards, Ayeka and Ryoko sense something is amiss, and arrive to defeat the Goddess, whose intentions seemed to have nothing to do with a concern for Tenchi.

photo storage

Third, in episode 3 of the Pretty Sammy OAV, Tenchi is at the beach with Ayeka/Ryoko and Sasami is left alone.  Sasami falls out of a bus on some tour and a strange boy greets her who she first thinks it's Tenchi due to their identical faces.  Kiyone sees him and is immediately in love and hits on him but is brushed off.  Obviously played for laughs, but the idea of a Kiyone attracted to Tenchi is not so foreign.  (BTW, the boy is Ryo-ohki temporarily taking on a human form - choosing Tenchi as the base model.)

Go to 7:44 mark-
http://www.youtube.com/v/UfOWkrodKqc

And finally, every and I mean EVERY incarnation of Evil Kiyone that I can find.  From the novels, to some pics in CDs, she seems very interest in Tenchi :D  The most famous is her appearance in the credits of the Mihoshi Special:)

images
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

There needs to be a "like" button for these posts :D

October 18, 2012, 04:39:55 AM #3 Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:41:27 AM by جبريل 無道
Anybody that knows anything about Tenchi Muyo knows that Kiyone and Sasami are special Gyrlfrends:

Not that cliche Miho Kiyo pairing.  The two GXP partners more like sisters.  And not in the wetnsloppy Ayeka/Tsunami sense but in the Ryoko/Ryo-ohki I'm-gonna-use-you-as-fishing-bait sense.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

October 18, 2012, 09:05:05 AM #4 Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 09:33:21 AM by shades of blue
A strait Kiyone? Never existed. Wanna know why? Because no translated novels/extras prior to Universe exist. That's right, I'm using the "Noike defense" others have used to justify their OVA hate. After all, turnabout IS fair play.

now for some kiyoXmiho

Everyone know MK just rip-off all good ideas of Tenchi Universe anyway ! About Kiyone-Mihoshi, I can see at least Mihoshi in love with Kiyone but I am not sure if Kiyone can love romantically Mihoshi.

More like we all know TU Ripped off of MK. The one time MK actually does borrow elements from TU, its the worst part of OVA 3 for me. Still don't like the way they dumbed down Mihoshi to match her Tenchi Universe persona....such a inferior version to the original. But at least she still held on to her independence...

Quote from: Gaston on October 18, 2012, 01:03:56 PM
Huh you know I was joking, right ?  :o
Yea...I just used the opportunity to do some TU bashing  :P :P

October 18, 2012, 01:54:51 PM #9 Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 01:56:53 PM by shades of blue
Quote from: shades of blue on October 18, 2012, 09:05:05 AM

Don't cha just LOVE that there are cherry trees in space and they bloom just in time for graduation too?

October 18, 2012, 05:55:08 PM #10 Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:06:52 PM by جبريل 無道
Quote from: shades of blue on October 18, 2012, 09:05:05 AM

Yeah, Kiyone looks just thrilled there :)

But I tire of the "any 2 girls together = lesbians" formula rampant in the otaku community.  Just not very imaginative.  Especially in the cliche pairings that don't make much sense otherwise.  I mean, let's face it, the first we see of Kiyone in TU is laughing her head off over Mihoshi's death and then getting depressed she learns Mihoshi might still be alive.

I will just content myself with what Masaki Kajishima said: "She [Kiyone] has the most 'normal human' personality amongst the girls and I think she and Tenchi are the best match."

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on October 18, 2012, 12:10:11 PMMore like we all know TU Ripped off of MK. The one time MK actually does borrow elements from TU, its the worst part of OVA 3 for me. Still don't like the way they dumbed down Mihoshi to match her Tenchi Universe persona....such a inferior version to the original. But at least she still held on to her independence...

Yeah that did suck.

October 20, 2012, 02:14:33 PM #13 Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 02:16:28 PM by takahata
Apparentily, Kiyone must be in love with Tenchi.  She does not tried to show her affections for him. At the momemt, Kiyone is mostly interest in her career.  Oddly, she decides to come back to Earth in the final episode of Universe.  If Mihoshi has affections for Tenchi, we are not aware of them.

For the second Tenchi Muyo in Love2: The Daughter of Darkness, Kiyone is in love with Tenchi. TMIL2 is considered part of the Hasegawa Canon.

Quote from: takahata on October 20, 2012, 02:14:33 PM

For the second Tenchi Muyo in Love2: The Daughter of Darkness, Kiyone is in love with Tenchi. TMIL2 is considered part of the Hasegawa Canon.

This is Tenchi Muyo: The Daughter of Darkness. Tenchi Muyo In Love 2 is Tenchi Forever, the third movie.