You are Here:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Vidya Geams ^_____^ / Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Last post by WarOmnimon on January 23, 2022, 07:13:39 PM »
Okay, let's get this discussion back on course. It seems like a pretty stacked year for vidyagames! My timesinks are currently...

•Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown (PS4). So glad that Virtua Fighter is back to prominence! Sega has even noted that the success of this game was overwhelming enough to all but officially confirm that we're going to be getting Virtua Fighter 6 eventually.
•THE iDOLM@STER Starlit Season (PS4). *Points at his current profile photo* I actually bit the bullet and imported the Japanese digital copy because even if Bandai Namco wanted to bring it over - and it wouldn't surprise me if they actually do want to make iM@S prominent in the west beyond just the anime adaptations given that they've had to have noticed that the market for these games exists (Even the Love Live! PS4 game came out over here, for crying out loud) and have been bringing everything over in recent years (They even managed to get Super Robot Wars 30 out over here!), there's a big brick wall made of red tape in their way... *Shakes fist at Columbia Records* And oh, I even went as far as buying the DLC characters (So far Kaede and Kotoha, Mamimi is also incoming; I'm curious to see if they'll do more after that and if so my fingers are personally crossed for Mizuki or Fuka to be the next Million Live! rep).
•Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires (Switch). Bought the Japanese version of this one, too, and have made some good progress on my first run (Though not done yet). Currently waiting for the US release, at which point Koei is actually going to patch an English language option into the Japanese version (Really nice of them to do that!).

Upcoming for me... Pokemon Legends: Arceus (Switch), the King of Fighters XV (PS4), and WWE 2k22 (PS4). And in that order noless. Also Pac-Man Museum+ (Switch), but that one isn't dated yet like the other 3 are. Of course, that's based on what we know is coming; we're rumored to get a new Mega Man game this year (If the big Capcom leak from last year IIRC is true, it's guaranteed and from the looks of it may be a fighting game or a boss battle centric game, either of which I'd actually be down with given that the 2 Mega Man arcade games were pretty darn fun), and at least the announcement of Street Fighter VI (They'd better make it look and play a lot better than Street Fighter V did!), if not also the release, is pretty much inevitable. About the only things I'm behind on and haven't scooped yet that I want to scoop are Guilty Gear Strive (PS4) and Metroid Dread (Switch), which I will get to soon enough.

As far as virtual pets go, I've got my Vital Bracelet Characters now and have been primarily running both of my Vital Bracelets plus the Tamagotchi Smart and Kamen Ridertchi (I won't recap those here though). As I may have noted, the Vital Bracelets are my go-to v-pets because I do so much walking regularly and because there's no actual v-pet based stuff to deal with which makes running them easy. Currently have HeavyLeomon and AncientMermaidmon on the Digimon Vital Bracelet, and Kamen Rider Zero-Two and Kamen Rider Kuuga Rising Ultimate Form on the Vital Bracelet Characters (Though Rising Ultimate Kuuga will be moving aside for Ultraman Tiga on Saturday; I'm going to start Tiga's VBM Card once I order Ultraman Trigger and Alien Baltan's VBMs on that same day).
Other Anime / Re: What Anime are you currently watching?
« Last post by WarOmnimon on January 23, 2022, 06:39:18 PM »
New season looks pretty weak. My Dress-Up Darling looks to be a decent otaku teen romance (cosplay girl and a lonely apprentice Hina Doll maker). Akebi's Sailor Uniform [and Foot Fetish Happy Time] may be alright but it may give you tonal whiplash. There are many many run of the mill isekai again but very little that stands out in regular streaming. Netflix will eventually drop all 6(?) episodes of Orbital Children, the loooong overdue next work from the creator of the excellent Dennou Coil.

Then there's some sequels. If you watched AoT then you've got one last political vorefest to relish in.
I'm likely to watch the Princess Connect sequel. It certainly isn't essential watching, but watching potato-kun getting dragged away by wolves is always worth a laugh.
^ Pretty much this. If you aren't caught up for the sequels (I certainly am not caught up for neither Attack on Titan nor Princess Connect!), this is pretty much the weakest anime season all year. From what we know so far, though, the other 3 seasons this year are looking better and, quite frankly, have more sequels for stuff that I'm actually caught up on. :) But for now, it's just Digimon Ghost Game (Which isn't a seasonal anime but I'm still noting it anyway because it's basically my Get Out of Jail Free card right now, LOL; and yes, Gammamon is best boy) and Miss Kuroitsu From the Monster Development Department (Which is a huge love letter to tokusatsu and which I'm watching because I'm a toku nut and not afraid to admit it; only two episodes currently in because the second episode got delayed by the recent tsunami warning) for me.

The other seasons this year are all confirmed to have at least one sequel I'm caught up for. Spring 2022 has both Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Season 2 and Komi Can't Communicate Season 2 (I need to finish Season 1 of Komi, but I'm loving it so far; it's just so gosh darn endearing), Summer 2022 has Utawareumono: The Two Hakuoros (Sequel to The False Faces obviously), and Autumn 2022 has Kantai Collection Season 2 (Though from my understanding it's more of a clean slate than an actual sequel, complete with the main protagonist being changed from Fubuki to Shigure). I'm also waiting for Spy x Family and Fuuto PI (The latter of which is a sequel to Kamen Rider W on which note; an anime sequel to a toku, the last time that happened was SSSS Gridman), My Hero Academia Season 6 is likely to be somewhere in there (Though we don't know WHEN yet), and my fingers are of course crossed for THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! (Announced in 2020) to pop up before the year is over. As far as anime movies go, my eyes are on SSSS Gridman X SSSS Dynazenon, Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Department of Redundancy Department title I know, but I'm still looking forward to it), and whatever the new movie for Digimon Adventure 02 will be called (It only has a tentative title right now). The premise of this one actually sounds interesting; it's not "the old heroes are back for one more go" like it was in tri. and Last Evolution Kizuna (tri. was a steaming mess, but Kizuna OTOH, while it wasn't the best thing in the world, actually wasn't that bad at all), but rather "Davis and Veemon meet the first man to ever have a partner Digimon", so I'm very curious to hear more about it.

On the tokusatsu side of things, I'm waiting for Avataro Sentai Donbrothers to start up, which based on what we know is going to continue Super Sentai's 45th anniversary into a second year to the point where Zenkaizer and ZenkaiZyuran are even sticking around! Fell behind on both Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger (Speaking of which...) and Kamen Rider Revice unintentionally (Mostly because so much had me distracted on the side; I did manage to get pretty far into Zenkaiger though), which is a shame because I was enjoying both of those. On the other hand, I legitimately dropped Ultraman Trigger not too far in because 1. They did 2 recap episodes in a row after only 4 episodes (And oh, a third recap episode came up later; given that the fans agree that Trigger wasn't all that great combined with there being 25 episodes not counting the 3 recaps, I'd say that's completely unacceptable), and 2. It wasn't nearly as good as Ultraman Z (Which is awesome BTW; if you haven't watched a season of Ultraman yet and are looking to get into the franchise, watch Ultraman Z right now; it's GOOOOOOOOOD) and is often noted as the weakest season of Ultraman in a while. And I agree; I dropped it after 2 or 3 episodes, after all. Ultraman Decker has some serious damage control to do, sadly... oh, there's also Kamen Rider Black Sun. Can't wait for that especially!

TLDR Weak season now, yes, but the rest of this year is looking more active for me watching anime than 2019 to 2021 were, during which I had to rely on the toku I was watching plus Digimon Adventure: as Get Out of Jail Free cards. Might be my most active anime year since 2018 (Which was filled with stuff that I was interested in, with plenty of sequels that I was ready for just like this year looks to be). Helmet on, buckled up, and rocket cycle ready to go. :)
Announcements & Suggestions / Re: (C99) Omatsuri Zenjitsu no Yoru Tenchi Ban 21.12
« Last post by Dreamr on January 21, 2022, 11:14:16 PM »
Nice quality scans. Thank, @Bobschlotkin. It really was a long form (I hesitate to call it a rant) commentary about the last couple of years, as well as censorship. He explicitly mentions gyaru manga and anime, Space Battleship Yamato, and Go Nagai.
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki / Re: Paradise war is now fully translated
« Last post by Nonsuch Ned on January 21, 2022, 09:53:53 AM »
When does this take place.  Is it before or after OVA 5.  I've been watching and reading the OVA continuity from the beginning and was wondering where this fits in chronologically.

Paradise War takes place between episodes 2 & 3 of OVA5
« Last post by Harls on January 21, 2022, 09:05:37 AM »
well, it appears to start before 5, but continues into it.
Member Introductions / Re: Hello
« Last post by antvasima on January 21, 2022, 07:58:47 AM »
Welcome.
« Last post by Valeth on January 21, 2022, 06:32:59 AM »
When does this take place.  Is it before or after OVA 5.  I've been watching and reading the OVA continuity from the beginning and was wondering where this fits in chronologically. 
Member Introductions / Hello
« Last post by Valeth on January 21, 2022, 06:28:25 AM »
Like I'm sure a lot of you, I got in to Tenchi during it's initial Toonami run.  Recently got back into it again and have been watching/reading the OVA continuity from the beginning.
« Last post by Eff Efferson on January 19, 2022, 09:19:27 PM »
Heh! I've been trying a couple of different open source word processors. Libre Open Office found about 400 spelling / grammar issues that M$ didn't see. Gonna try Apache next.

Man MS office just kinda sucks now, I can't even tell you the difference between 2016 and the newest version.
the difference is there two seperate versions and by bill gates wants you to be his pathetic lil cash piggy.
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki / Re: OVA 5 Info Thread
« Last post by Eff Efferson on January 19, 2022, 09:18:25 PM »
I don't get how GXP could be finalized in a single volume, especially with the the rather tedious pace of novel 17 (getting rich farming magic dirt-pigs, making friends with little kids you'll never see again, visiting the library, slowly learning magic, super sloppy Jovia intro [the fault of the robo-translation]).

So, he'll have to join an adventuring group, master magic, join the army as a scrub, figure out what's up with the new AI girl stuck in his head/skin (never hinted at in the OVA or PW), marry Airen and Jovia, have Kiriko join the adventuring group, finally leave the planet... win a war, marry 8 more girls.

well i dont know if you realise this but volume 15 was rediculously large and long and volume 16 and 17 are actually supposed to be the same book... aso each book is about 2 and a half books long. the next one coming out will likely be huge too. :/ i cant see it ending in one but he was complaining about that... maybe two at best. he really needs around 6 books to do a full 13 episode arc (7 now cause of the incedent with 15 16)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10